WIN organizes year in and year out to lift the voices and priorities of District residents for economic justice and racial equity.
Election seasons are essential times to raise residents’ voices and make sure the candidates speak and act on the most critical issues to our communities. Many candidates are running for council-member, Chairman, Attorney General, and Mayor.
We know that our voices are too often ignored when we stand alone. We are organizing to stand together in the thousands of voters to have more power together to act and WIN.
How does WIN decide what issues to work on?
We create our agenda from the bottom up. Thousands of our members are constantly listening to their community members and neighbors through 1-1 meetings, small group listening, door knocking, phone banking, and on Zoom.
Leader teams identify the most important issues to residents and then work together to identify practical solutions and turn them into policy proposals.
What is the WIN agenda for 2022?
WIN is entirely non-partisan; we never endorse a candidate. Regardless of who is elected, we will continue organizing to ensure they act on and implement the WIN agenda.
We organize the power (organized people and money) needed to win on the issues. We challenge and engage corporate and government actors. We act, work, and strive to bring enough voters together to make action undeniable!
The following list is our agenda for 2022:
- BETH (Black Equity Through Homeownership) —We believe that every native Washingtonian who wants to stay in DC should have every right and resource to stay. Read more
- Affordable Housing/Public Lands/Public Housing —WIN envisions the use of public lands for allocated to mixed income-affordable housing and low and middle-income homeownership opportunities that help create and build generational wealth. Read more
- Climate —WIN imagines a just green future that includes fair wage green jobs, electrifying housing while maintaining affordability, supporting public transit and building a coalition of DC residents at the forefront of change. Read more.
- Careers. WIN is organizing for equitable access to careers that also pay family sustaining wages and benefits. Read more.
- Safety — WIN is organizing for safe communities with net zero homicides.Read more
1. Join us on March 20th
We look forward to seeing you on March 20th! A Zoom link will be shared with everyone who signed up before the action.
2. Organize your neighbors/community
3. Stay in touch with WIN
We will post updates about what your neighbors are doing to organize, how you can get involved, upcoming trainings, and the candidates’ position on the WIN agenda.
4. Endorse the WIN agenda
Endorse WIN with a signature or a selfie!
Submit a Selfie
We are seeking to lift the voices and faces of thousands of District residents.
Share a photo or a short video (30 sec – 1 minute recorded on phone or camera) saying why you support WIN’s agenda.
How to submit
- Send to [email protected] – include ‘WIN’s selfie’ in subject line
- Share on social media
- TAG us on Twitter @WIN_DC and Instagram @washingtoninterfaithnetwork
- Use hashtags #VoteWINDC, #WINDC, #WINDCVOTES