On Tuesday June 7th over 190 leaders from Wards 1 and 4 gathered at St. Stephen and The Incarnation Episcopal Church to discuss Affordable Housing maintenance and development. At the action, Columbia Heights Village tenants and WIN leaders demanded improvements from Clark Reality’s A.J. Caputo, and commitments around Affordable Housing maintenance and development from Ward 1 Council Member Brianne Nadeau. Improvement demands included mold removal and extermination inside the building and out on the playground
- Seal holes that allow rat infestation, remove mold, replace old appliances and fix electrical problems and tracking Clark Reality’s progress.
- Provide maintenance and rat abatement on the outdoor playground so that children have a safe and healthy environment in which to play.
- Preserve affordability for all Ward 1 affordable housing.
- Work with the Columbia Heights Village Tenant Association and WIN to ensure that Clark Reality improves the quality units and follows through with required maintenance.
- Put a shovel in the ground and create 300+ units in Ward 1, beginning with 1125 Spring Road development.
Click here for more photos from the event.