More recently, WIN has begun organizing for the conversion of public land in Ward 3 into affordable, dignified housing. Sites like the Chevy Chase Library, Tenleytown Library, the WMATA Bus Garage, and various parcels of NPS land have been identified for potential development. WIN envisions the use of public lands for an inclusive and affordable District.WIN envisions the use of public lands allocated to mixed income-affordable housing and low and middle-income homeownership opportunities that help create and build generational wealth. Specifically:
- A standard of at least ⅓ deeply affordable ⅓ middle income and ⅓ market rate on all public lands.
- 1000 Homes for Black Homeownership on Reservation 13.
- RFK. When D.C gets the land, let’s turn parking lots into thousands of affordable homes and at least 2,000 affordable homeownership opportunities.
- 400+ new affordable housing units on public land in Ward 3, including WMATA land, Ft. Reno, Chevy Chase & Tenleytown Libraries
- Maximize the building of new homes while preserving existing homes on DC Housing Authority-owned land